A. White Box Testing [Need Programming Knowledge ]
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
B. Black-box Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- System Testing
C. Smoke Testing
- Test all Functions one time
- This doesn’t include through Testing
D. Functional testing
- Functions & Sub-Function Testing
- It includes all test cases which are not covered by Smoke Testing.
E. Regression testing
- Test same Scenarios on Old & New version of Application to check whether there is a new Bug due to recent developments in Application .
F. Performance Testing
- Test Time take to execute Test Scenarios.
- Test Launch & Exit time of application.
- Test Cold & Warm Start Performance
- Test big file operations.
G. Usability/Design Testing
- Every user uses Product/Application differently with different workflow to achieve same result.
- Test Product/Application as per user/customer scenario.
- This includes designed or intended workflows only.
H. Cross Browser/ Cross Platform / Cross OS Testing
- Cross Browser: Test same application on Multiple browsers such as Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, etc
- Cross Platform : PC, Tablet, Smartphone
- Cross OS : Windows 7, 10, MacOS, Linux. etc
I. User Interface Testing :
- Test only UI part of application such as Icons, Theme, Application Background, Buttons, Tabs, Dialog boxes, Pop ups,
J. Negative Testing
- Test whats not intended or not a user work flow.