Software Testing is a process of checking Quality of software and making sure that it is an error (bug) free.
Software Testing is broadly divided into two categorized as follows.
A. Manual Testing :
In Manual Testing, we often test software without any programming tools or scripts.
If you are repetitively testing something manually then sometimes you tend to overlook some points of it, also repetitive manual work becomes boring and cumbersome after some time.
B. Automation Testing :
Automation testing is done by using Automated Scripts and tools. So, If you ask whether Testers need Programming Skills then for Automation Testing I will say Definitely ‘YES‘
# General Posts:
- Software Testing Life Cycle [STLC ]
- What are the different types of Software Testing?
- List of Popular Bug Tracking Software
- Top 10 Automation Testing Tools
- Top 5 Things a Tester Must Have to Excel^
- List of Popular ‘Software Testing’ Sites
# Test Management :
- How to Improve Test Coverage ?
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Test Reports / Summary